A Rule is used as part of a requirement and represents a bucket that a student must fulfill to graduate (or an elective spot, depending on configuration).
- The courses that fulfill this rule
- Default Course
- The default course for selection on the course selection form. This should be listed in 'Courses' as well.
- Credits to Fulfill
- The number of credits a student must take in order to consider this requirement 'fulfilled'.
- This governs the placement of this rule relative to other rules in a requirement. This is editable via a UI and needs not be edited directly.
- Type of Rule
- A field that governs how the system ought interpret this rule.
- There are three choices:
- A requirement in order to graduate. Once this requirement is fulfilled, it will not render on a student's course selection form.
- Forced Requirement
- A forced requirement functions as a requirement, except, it also looks to the "Force Rule" field to determine whether it should force a selection for this requirement to a student.
- An elective is not necessary for graduation and will render regardless of whether the student has completed it or not.
- The number of dropdowns to be presented for this rule.
- Needs Rule
- If only a subset of all students will need this rule to graduate, this rule should be set to specify that subgroup. If left blank, all students will be checked for their completion (or lack thereof) of this rule.
- Forced Rule
- This is looked to so as to determine if this rule ought be forced (see explanation of the "Forced Requirement" rule type above).
A Requirement stores a set of rules, such as "Math" that function as a row on the graduation requirements table.
- The rules that belong to this requirement.
- A flag indicating whether this requirement should appear in the graduation requirement table.
- This represents the offset (in terms) from the first term of when this requirement starts mattering.
- The order of this requirement relative to other requirements in a given graduation requirements table. This is editable through a UI and need not be edited directly.
A Requirement Table stores a set of Requirements, ie, graduation requirements for a student.
- The set of requirements that are a part of this set of graduation requirements.
- Max Num Terms
- The number of columns on the graduation requirement table.
A Choice stores a student's course selection.
This model is term and year specific.
- Whether or not a given choice is part of an active selection set, or an outdated selection set.
- The rule this choice is for.
- An ordinal integer rank.
If there is a Course Exception on file for a student, they will be granted permission to select a given course. This is automatically created when all approvers approve a Course Exception Request thus don't need to be handled individually.
Course Exception Request
A request put forward by a user for a student to be qualified to take a course regardless of the standard eligibility rule.
- The submitting user (could be the student or another user)
- A field storing the status of this course exception request.
- There are three choices:
- The users who need to approve this request
- Messages left by staff members concerning this request
- A history of all changes made to this model.
Course Exception Approval Required
A Course Exception Approval Required model stores the users who need to approve Course Exception Requests for given courses.
A Course Placement controls placement into courses whose admission is controlled manually through Talos.
- The rank of the student's choice for which the given placement was created to represent.
- A choice field that controls the various statuses for a course placement.
- The following options are supported:
Please sign in to leave a comment.