All Template List
All Template List contains a list of all the templates in the system.
Users with the relevant permissions can create a template, they will be asked to provide:
- Comma separated list of emails to CC
- Comma separates list of emails to BCC
- Whether this template is a global template, or a private template
- Only users with the view all templates can create a global template.
Please consult the Hermes Template Language article for more information on how the template language works.
Also from this list view, users with the relevant permissions can delete a template, as well as view, and then edit a template.
Hermes Users contains a list of all Hermes Users in the system.
Users with the relevant permissions can create a Hermes User, they will be asked to provide:
Users with the relevant permissions can delete a Hermes User object. There is no ability to edit a Hermes User, as you should delete the irrelevant Hermes User and create a new one if you wish to edit.
Hermes Lists contains a list of all of the Hermes Lists in the system.
Users with the relevant permissions can create a Hermes List, they will be asked to provide:
- Type of List
Users with the relevant permissions can view a Hermes List. The view page contains all fields of a Hermes List, while also providing:
- The number of matched users in the list (updated every sync)
- A list of the first 20 matches users, along with a Download Users button which will allow you to download a list of all users in a given list.
- The time a list was last synced, a sync will:
- Update the matched users list and count
- Sync the state of the list with the mail server, allowing emails to be sent. Please note there can sometimes be a 5-10 minute delay after the synced time to it functioning properly, due to internal syncing and registration of addresses on the mail server.
There is also a button from the detail page, to edit a list, when editing a list, the following fields are editable:
- Additional Administrators
There is also a button from the detail page, to edit the rule of a list, the following field is editable:
Please consult the Hermes Rule article to understand how the various parsers work.
Users with the relevant permissions can delete a Hermes List.
Hermes List Users
This view contains all the Hermes List Users in the system.
Users with the relevant permissions can create, edit, or delete a Hermes List User.
Creating or editing a Hermes List User requires the following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Mailing Lists
Send Mass Email
This view is available to all users with the send mass email permission.
This view allows for the sending of a mail-merge style email to parents, students, custom CCs, BCCs, and Hermes Users.
The top of the page contains checkboxes of related users to include. This view will iterate through the list of selected students and send an email to the individuals you have checked in the checkbox section.
The email form has the following fields:
- Student Options
- You can select to iterate through a specific grade of students only, or all students. Please note, an email will only be sent to the students if you also check the student checkbox. ie, if you wish to send a mail-merge style blast to only the parents of 10th graders, you would select 10th graders, and check parents, only.
- Saga Options
- You have the option to generate a log for each student about whom an email is sent at your priority level and above, open to all priority levels, or to not generate a log at all. Please consult Saga documentation for more information regarding priority levels.
The CC, BCC, Subject, and Body fields can be preloaded by selecting a template on the right side of the page. A user can select any global template, or template created by them.
You can also load a template and then make modifications. These modifications will be used for this blast, but not saved with the template. If you wish to save the modifications, please use a template editing view.
My Template List
This view will show you templates that you are the listed user for, or are global. It works the same as the All Template View otherwise in terms of fields for creation and editing.
Please note users may be able to view templates for which they don't have edit or delete permission for.
The Send Email view works identically to the mass email view, without the students selector. It will work for only one student, and can be located from the little email icon located next to a student's name on a student's detail page (found from the Student Search page).
The checkboxes and saga options are explained in the Send Mass Email section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.