A Saga's priority controls who can view a given Saga log.
Both a user, and every log has a priority level. If a user's priority is greater than or equal to the priority of a given log, they are able to view it.
As a heuristic, priority is assigned by role -- the following priorities are hard-coded (in descending order of priority):
- Users with the 'counselor' permission group have a 75
- Users with the 'assistant_principal' permission group have a 75
- All superusers have a 75
- Teachers have a 0
- Students have a -1
- It is not recommended to give student's Saga access, but this default log level is intended to ensure that no information or private logs are inadvertently revealed
Setting Priority Levels
When creating a log, the user will be presented with two options:
- No restriction
- This will create a log with priority 0
- Private to my priority level and above
- This will create the log at the priority level of the user (e.g. if the user is in the 'assistant_principal' permission group and creates a log at this priority level, the priority level of the log will be a 75).