This model represents the custom users that appear on the "Send Email" and the "Mass Sender" views. If there is a record for a user, that user will show up in the "Additional Hermes Users" portion of the page.
- The User that the Hermes User instance refers to -- it will pull the name and email from the related User instance
A Hermes Template represents a templated email that can include certain template variables to be replaced depending upon the recipients (ie, a first name field). There are controls for the scope of the template (is it global, or specific to the created user).
- The User to whom the template belongs, this is checked depending on the permission setting
- The subject line of the templated email (template variables are accepted in this field)
- The body of the templated email (template variables are accepted in this field)
- A comma separated list of emails to be included as CCs
- A comma separated list of emails to be included as BCCs
- A choice between GLOBAL, or PRIVATE
- This template will be viewable to all users who can access the send email screen, only specific users are able to create global templates.
- This template will only be viewable by administrators, and the user who created it (and not any user who can access the send email screen).
Please check out the "Hermes Template Language" page to view more information regarding how the templating system works.
A Hermes List represents a user configurable mailing list that administrators can send an email to and it be blasted to all users on the list.
- A list of users in the list. This field is not directly editable, but rather controlled by the rule field.
- Additional Administrators
- A list of users who can send emails to the list and have their messages blasted. All users with the "Change Hermes List" permission are automatically able to send to any list.
- The name of the list. This will be appended to your school's prefix. For example, if you set name to be 'students', and your school's prefix is 'school', the list's address would be "email@example.com". Upon creating a list, Talos will display the address in its complete form.
- Type of List
- Either student, parent, or staff -- no list can have more than one type. We recommend creating multiple lists if you wish to send an email to more than one of these groups at a time, and then including all the lists addresses in the TO field of your email.
- The rule that governs the users in the list. Please see the "Hermes List Rules" page for more information as to how the rules work.
Hermes List User
The Hermes List User model stores additional users that administrators may wish to place in certain mailing lists.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Mail Lists
- The mailing lists that you wish to add this user to.